A Murphy bed is the answer if you need to add a bed to any room in your home, but don’t have the living space to give up! With the rise of small space living, the desire to create multi-functional space and furniture is growing. Whether you are looking for a simple hidden bed or a more multi-purpose wall bed that includes a drop-down desk or shelving or a complete home office setup, we’ve got you covered. Beginning in 1998, Accent Woodworking located in Largo, Florida, has been in the Murphy Bed, Wall Bed business. When you make a purchase with us, you are buying directly from an American manufacturer. All our products are made in the USA. You Ask! We Build!
Dimensions and Mattresses
Whether it is you providing the mattress or you order one with us, here are some guidelines to keep in mind:
FOR ALL BED SIZES
17” Bed Depth Fits Up To a 10” Mattress
20” Bed Depth Fits Up To a 13” Mattress
24” Bed Depth Fits Up To a 15” Mattress
What Exactly is a Murphy Bed?
A Murphy bed or wall bed is a hidden bed. It is a bed that is hidden away in a cabinet when it is not being used. The cabinet is secured to the wall and it frees up the floor space in the room it is located. The hidden bed hugs the wall and leaves you more usable space when closed. It is also referred to as a pull-down bed and a fold-down bed. Whatever you call it, it is an efficient piece of space-saving furniture. In addition to the wall bed, you have many options available to you. Consider a Murphy bed with shelves if you want to add storage, lighting and home office components. The possibilities are endless.
Space-Saving Multi-Use Furniture
Accent Woodworking Inc.’s cost-efficient Murphy beds & wall beds will allow you to transform your home, living spaces and multipurpose rooms, home office, small spaces! We will review all your needs for space and create the perfect bed solution. You can transform any space with the flexibility of wall beds. Schedule a consultation with us today. We will review all your needs for space, including storage and work with you to create the perfect Murphy bed solution. Review Our Process to gain clarity about Accent Woodworking Inc.
Free in-home consultations
Call us today for an appointment
Unmatched Quality Murphy Wall Beds
Our Wall and Murphy beds are TWICE as strong! We use a double-strength sidewall to build a functional high-quality piece that guarantees your safety. With an Accent bed, you get a full inch and a half thick sidewall versus thin 3/4 inch plywood sidewall. That’s two furniture-grade pieces of plywood married together to form an inch and a half thick wall that holds the pivot and lifting mechanism. This unitized construction is more than twice as strong as the single 3/4 inch piece you will find in other brands.
Functionality For All
One of the most common questions we get asked about our Murphy Wall Beds is whether or not they're easy to open. They sure are! Our wall beds feature a gas piston lifting mechanism – No Springs! – for a smooth, light-weight even resistance throughout the range of opening and closing the bed. Our wall beds open and close just as easily as the trunk of your car.
This compact mechanism allows us to design space-saving casework that hugs the wall and leaves you more usable space when closed. The modern piston mechanism allows the wall bed to be mounted to the wall with just a few screws. Our beds do NOT mount to the floor!
Wall Bed Lines & Styles
- Savona: A contemporary face with vertical beveled trim down the face panel, beveled side trim, plywood drawers with hardwood edges. Standard with 2 block legs or upgrade to shelf leg or hidden leg.
- Siena: A modern, plain front with the seam on the face, flat trim on the sides. Standard in maple, hidden flip down leg with 2 long handles - complement with flat trim crown molding.
- Mission: Design emphasizes simple, elegant horizontal and vertical lines and recessed flat panels
- Shaker: Simple, clean lines - a four-piece frame with a flat center panel that tends to avoid ornate aesthetics
- Traditional: Solid wood raised center panel with square or arched top design often featuring detailed molding. The center panel rises to the thickness of the door frame.
Leg Options for Wall Beds
- Block Leg: Two hinged wooden legs that are attached to the front of the bed. They are completely under the bed when the bed is lowered out of the bed cabinet.
- Hidden Leg: The tube legs are totally concealed inside the bed cabinet when it is closed and are manually rotated over the end of the bed face panel when it is lowered out of the cabinet
- Shelf Leg: Shelf attached to the front of the bed acts as the leg for the bed when it is down
- Attached Desk: When the bed is down, the top of the table / desk frame has a shelf that acts as the leg for the bed
Face Front Styles for Wall Beds
- Concealed Desk / Table in Bed Face
- Hidden Desk / Table in Bed Face
- Home Office
- Pivoting Bi-Fold Bookcase
The addition of a wall bed will transform your room and free up valuable living space. Murphy wall beds provide a versatility that you won't get from other beds. Whether you are looking for a simple Murphy bed or a more multi-use wall bed that includes a drop-down desk or shelving, we have solutions. We can customize to meet your needs. To view our full line, please visit our photo gallery and Pinterest boards.
- Under Cabinet Lighting
- Bed Cabinet Lighting
- Bookcases with Doors
- Side Storage Cabinets
- Horizontal Bed Opening
- Swing Out Tables
- Closet, Wardrobe Cabinet
- Cabinet Locks
- Hanger Rods
- Snack Trays
- USB, Outlet Plugs
- Grommets and More!
Tell Us About Your
Dream Murphy Wall Bed
We design, deliver and install custom made wood Murphy wall beds We design, deliver and install custom-made wood home office furniture in all Central Florida areas including – St Petersburg and all of Pinellas County, Tampa, and all of Hillsborough County, Manatee, Pasco, Polk and Sarasota Counties. Call us today!